As a physician-owned organization, Emergency Service Partners always has its physicians’ best interests at heart. Following are some of the many reasons why physicians love working for ESP:
Equity and Involvement
ESP offers fair, equitable, and flexible scheduling, allowing all of our physicians to enjoy rewarding work and high quality of life. It also enables them to take on special projects at their local sites, or to be involved in important research or teaching opportunities.
Take Pride in Your Practice
Our physicians will tell you we foster strong, personal relationships with each of them. At ESP you know your partners’ names, can take a personal interest in your co-workers’ lives, and are rewarded for making a difference for your clients and patients.
ESP physicians not only have a say in their local clinical practice, but also have the opportunity to set policy and procedures at the group level through involvement in the partnership. Full-time physicians have an opportunity to become an owner of the group practice by joining the partnership after as little as one year.
Perhaps most importantly, we carefully choose our physicians to ensure a friendly and collaborative practice of well-trained clinicians with good communication skills to create the best possible mix of partners.
Professional Development and Leadership Opportunities
We encourage our physicians to continue their education and to assume leadership roles both at their practice sites and within ESP. These opportunities include:
- ESP Leadership Academy: Each year about 25 physicians take part in this physician leadership training program for current and prospective medical directors.
- ESP Medical Director/Nursing Director Conference: This annual meeting provides training from management professionals and time for interaction with ESP management, as well as with other medical directors in the group.
- Medical Director Support: Our medical directors meet monthly with the ESP executive team and may attend the ACEP Emergency Department Directors Academy.
- On-site Involvement: Our medical directors are members of their hospitals’ Medical Executive Committees and are very involved in the hospitals they serve.
- Risk Management: ESP physicians participate in a comprehensive risk management education program encompassing 10 annual courses on medical diagnosis in the emergency department and case studies of medical illnesses commonly seen in the ED, from a liability reduction viewpoint.
ESP has demonstrated proven contract stability since 1988. We strive to foster strong, long-term relationships with our hospital partners through excellent patient care, strong committee involvement, and superior customer service.
We Handle the Details
A physician’s primary job is to provide expert patient care, not to worry about the business of medicine. ESP’s physician leadership and professional staff handle all the details—from credentialing to billing to scheduling—so that you can focus on professional development and clinical care.
Each hospital is assigned a contract manager to work directly with our physicians and hospital administrators to create an optimal practice environment. Most of our contract managers are former ED nurse managers and nursing directors.
Our industry-leading risk management program, led by an in-house risk management attorney, lowers our physicians’ risk of individual malpractice cases and results in improved patient care.
Live the Dream!
ESP physicians enjoy the lifestyle benefits of living and working in the great state of Texas. From financial incentives (including tort reform and no state income tax) to the natural beauty and recreational opportunities afforded by our abundant lakes and majestic scenery, both individuals and families take advantage of high quality of life. Visit our Locations page to learn more about the hospitals and the communities we serve.