Back to Location Search
CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System
2600 St. Michael Drive
Texarkana, TX 75503
Contact us to learn more about jobs at ESP!
The CHRISTUS St. Michael ED provides an excellent practice environment for providers who like high acuity and trauma. Located on the border of Texas and Arkansas, we see a variety of patients from farming communities, industry and urban areas. The ED environment is friendly and the relationships between the ED providers and the nurses and medical staff are excellent. I am often exhilarated after working a shift here because it feels like we’ve made a difference for patients in this lovely community.
Jason Harris, MD
Interim ED Medical Director
- Annual Visits: 53,000
- ED Beds: 33
- Patients/Hour: 2.1
- Admission Rate: 18%
- Trauma Designation: Level III
- Coverage: 10- and 11-hour shifts with 53 hours of physician coverage and 36 hours of NP/PA coverage per day
- Qualifications: BC/BP in Emergency Medicine
- Documentation: T-System, Meditech CPOM
CHRISTUS St. Michael is a 312-bed acute-care hospital serving the Texarkana area. Established in 1916 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, the facility is a regional destination for a wide range of medical care. The full scope of services and specialty backup includes:
- Primary Stroke Center
- Joint Replacement Center
- Imaging and diagnostic services (inpatient and outpatient)
- Surgical services, including daVinci robotic surgery
- Cancer care
- Nursery, well-baby, and Neonatal ICU
- ANCC Magnet designated hospital
The 129-acre wooded campus includes the main hospital, as well as a 50-bed rehabilitation hospital, outpatient rehabilitation center, outpatient imaging center, and a community health and fitness center. Although easily accessible along I-30, the entire campus is a tranquil, healing oasis anchored by a 1-1/2 acre lake, wooded paths, streams, and water features.
*CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System was named one of the top 20 Large Community Hospitals in the U.S. by Thomson Reuters (April 16, 2012).
About Texarkana, TX
The city's water tower says it all: Texarkana is ""twice as nice."" That's because Texarkana straddles the state line of Texas and Arkansas, actually forming two sister cities that form the metropolitan region. State Line Avenue runs through the center of the city, which boasts the only post office building that actually sits in two states! Louisiana and Oklahoma are also just a few miles away, as well.
Beyond the novelty of its geography, Texarkana is a thriving mid-sized city offering a wide variety of things to do and see. As the hometown of ragtime composer Scott Joplin, it's no surprise that entertainment features prominently in the region. Events include annual festivals, performing arts, professional baseball, stock car races, art exhibits, shopping, great outdoors and sports, and wonderful restaurants. Higher education options include Texarkana College
and Texas A&M University Texarkana
magazine describes Texarkana as the second fastest growing small metro area in the country. That honor is a testament to the region's exceptional public
and private schools (including two elementary magnet schools), a low cost of living, and just the right amount of Southern charm. It's no wonder that the citizenry is proud to call Texarkana home!
For more information, visit http://www.texarkana.org
TOP 5 REASONS YOU WILL LOVE TEXARKANA:
- Great place to raise a family, with affordable and spacious country club living, plus no state income tax!
- An outdoor-lover’s dream, with dozens of parks & lakes, 6 golf courses, plenty of hunting and fishing, and nearby recreation in Hot Springs, AR
- A friendly, close-knit community with small-town Southern charm--be involved and know your neighbors!
- Vibrant arts scene, with a local symphony orchestra, historic Perot Theatre, and art/history museums
- Higher education opportunities, including Texarkana College and Texas A&M University-Texarkana