In 2008, Emergency Service Partners was asked to provide Pulmonary/Critical Care physicians to our partner hospitals. Our team of more than 20 intensivists and ANPs — known as Austin Critical Care Specialists (ACCS) — provides coverage in a number of ICUs and CCUs, and maintain an outpatient pulmonary practice and sleep lab.
Our physicians participate in their hospital as key members of committees, boards, and medical staff positions including Chief of Staff. The team promotes quality, service and especially excellence in care.
Our hospitals benefit from having:
- Intensivist services centralized under one provider, with one group accountable to the hospital
- Attention to improving quality, safety, service, and performance metrics
- Stability and decreased variability
- High-quality ICU services from a core group of intensivist physicians and ANPs
- Aligned goals when intensivists and ED providers are both affiliated with ESP.
Key performance measures typically include:
- Mortality rate
- Length of stay
- Compliance with Core Measures (e.g., sepsis)
- Duration of Mechanical Ventilation (DOMV)
- Patient satisfaction
- Medical staff satisfaction
- Reduction in rate of hospital-acquired infections
To learn more about how ESP can help your ICU, please contact Jim Zaza, Vice President of Business Development, by phone at 888-800-8237, ext. 306 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.