Emergency Service Partners is privileged to partner with top-quality health care institutions dedicated to excellence within the emergency department. We realize that a department’s success involves more than simply staffing the ED around the clock—it means working with hospital administrators, nurses, staff, and physicians to improve patient satisfaction and patient care.
The following case studies highlight the results of these joint efforts.
In the first three studies, our collaborative efforts identified three key areas that directly relate to customer service within the Emergency Department: Left Without Being Seen (LWBS), Turn-Around Time (TAT), and Patient Satisfaction Survey Results (provided by Press Ganey at the three case study hospitals).
Case studies 4, 5, and 6 demonstrate ESP-developed programs to manage unnecessary emergency department visits, ease overcrowding, and utilize scribes. Case Study 7 outlines how ESP helped reduce wait times, improve satisfaction, decrease LWBS, and improve revenue generation despite space constraints.
- Case Study #1: ED Customer Service–Improving Turn-Around Times
- Case Study #2: ED Customer Service–Improving Patient Satisfaction
- Case Study #3: Comfort Zone Program–Pediatric Stress Management
- Case Study #4: Emergency Department CMAP Program
- Case Study #5: Virtual ED/Emergency Physician in Triage
- Case Study #6: Emergency Department Scribe Program
- Case Study #7: Improving Space Efficiency While Lowering Wait Times
- Case Study #8: Patient Satisfaction/Overall Physician Scores
- Case Study #9: Patient Throughput/Rapid Medical Evaluation (RME)
- Case Study #10: Emergency Department Door-to-Provider Time
- Case Study #11: Patient Safety: Ob/Gyn Hospitalist Program