Academy Trains Future Leaders
Recognizing the importance of developing the next generation of clinical leaders, Emergency Service Partners held its annual Leadership Academy September 21 at the ESP administrative office in Austin on September. The event is designed to develop current and future medical directors, as well as those who simply wish to take a more active leadership role in their departments and/or in the hospitals they serve.
This year, more than a dozen current and aspiring physician leaders gathered to hear from a distinguished faculty of ESP physicians and staff members who discussed topics including:
- Behavioral Interviewing
- Building Your Team: Recruiting, and Retention
- Tips for Leading Effective Meetings
- The Power of Your Orientation
- Patient Experience and Physician Performance Metrics
- Managing Complaints and Dealing with Physician Challenges
- Transition of a New Leader
- Collaborating with Your Medical Staff and C-Suite
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
About Emergency Service Partners, L.P.
Founded in 1988, Emergency Service Partners, L.P. is a physician practice management group specializing in hospital emergency departments (EDs). The physician-owned and physician-managed partnership serves more than 35 EDs across Texas. In addition, ESP provides pulmonary, intensive care, sleep medicine, hospitalist, and ob/gyn hospitalist services in Central Texas.